One way to take control of your retirement savings is to roll over your plan from a former employer. People who elect to rollover assets from a 401k or 403b plan often experience lower administrative fees and considerably more investment choices that are better for their personal situation
AccountsIndividuals & FamiliesIndividualJoint(JTWROS)Joint(TIC)
Retirement & IRAsTraditional IRAROTH IRASEP IRARollover IRA401(k) and 403(b) Rollovers
Trust, Estate & CharitableGalleon Flagship TrustGalleon Flagship EstateCharitable Equity Opportunities (CEO)
Education & Custodial529 PlansCustodialEducation Savings
Special Purpose Accounts Impact InvestingGreen PortfoliosHedge FundsMedical
Businesses & CorporationsCorporationPartnershipLimited Liability CompanyEmployee Retirement PlansGeneral Business Investing
Professional AccountsAdvisersInstitutionalMoney Management
A Rollover is a Traditional IRA that only holds assets received as a rollover distribution from a retirement plan. The term ‘rollover’ simply helps people identify the assets as a rollover from a retirement plan.
Rollover IRAs are often used when an individual receives a lump sum distribution from an employer sponsored retirement plan (e.g. 401(k) or 403(b)) and wants to continue the tax-deferred growth of those retirement funds.
The Galleon IRA
Consolidate your retirement savings by rolling your old 401k over into one convenient, easy-to-monitor account. The Global Advisers Rollover IRA process is fast and hassle-free. Rolling over assets from your old employer’s plan into a Galleon IRA can help you better manage your portfolio and can provide access to a broad range of investments, while maintaining the tax-deferred status of your retirement assets.
A Rollover IRA is designed as a holding account for funds distributed from an employer’s qualified retirement plan such as a 401k or 403(b). Moving funds into a Rollover IRA may allow the account owner to return the funds to another employer’s qualified retirement plan in the future. To initiate a direct rollover from a qualified retirement plan, please contact your plan administrator.
Rolling over your old 401k into a Galleon IRA is free and there are no setup or maintenance fees. You’ll also avoid costly cash distribution penalties and taxes if you were planning to cash out your accounts.
A rollover is not your only alternative when dealing with old retirement plans. Learn more about 401k and 403b rollover alternatives.
Features and Benefits of a Galleon IRA
- No maintenance fees
- All accounts are professionally managed by a financial adviser or wealth manager
- No proprietary mutual funds or ETFs
Need Help with Your IRA Rollover?
A Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor can:
- Help with the rollover process from start to finish.
- Contact your 401k administrator for you.
- Call 800-832-8514 to schedule a phone consultation.
IRA margin accounts allow trading so the account can be fully invested as well as the ability to trade multiple currencies and multiple currency products, but are subject to the following limitations:
- No cash borrowing (i.e. cannot have a debit balance or short stocks).
- IRA accounts may be opened in any base currency, but when trading in a non-base currency product, a currency trade must be executed first as you cannot borrow currencies.
- Withdrawals are permitted only in USD.*
- No stock or option cross-margining.
- No currency borrowing.
- Futures trading in an IRA margin account is subject to substantially higher margin requirements than in a non-IRA margin account. Margin rates in an IRA margin account may meet or exceed three times the overnight futures margin requirement imposed in a non-IRA margin account.
Customers are advised to consult with their adviser and tax specialist for further details on IRA rules and regulations.
Residents of Canada may not open Individual Retirement Accounts.