Galleon Managed Futures Accounts are operated on your behalf by professional Commodity Trading Advisers (CTA). The fund may take both long and short positions in futures contracts and options on futures contracts in the global commodity, interest rate, equity, and currency markets.
Galleon Managed Futures
Your CTA will employ one or more investment and trading strategies in order to help achieve our goals. Our strategies can focus on variations in trends, and may include duration of trend captured (short term, medium term, long term), as well as money management/risk management techniques. Other strategies employed by Galleon CTA’s include managed include discretionary strategies, fundamental strategies, option writing, pattern recognition, and arbitrage strategies, among others.
Galleon Futures makes it easy to include a managed futures account into your lifestyle. Your account is continually managed by a team of professional money managers and Commodity Future Advisers (CTA). Together, they establish your tolerance for risk, learn about your financial goals and objectives, and ensure that the investments made in your portfolio are suitable for you.
The line of communication between you and your CTA team is always open. We provide regular monthly and quarterly updates with incredible attention to detail. There are many different futures trading contracts, and each future bears unique characteristics. Liquidity is one of the most important traits-one that is not commonly shared among all futures contracts. Galleon Futures focuses on contracts with high liquidity. Doing so is in the best interest of our clients because it aides in potentially smaller spreads and better order execution.
IRA margin accounts allow trading so the account can be fully invested as well as the ability to trade multiple currencies and multiple currency products, but are subject to the following limitations:
- No cash borrowing (i.e. cannot have a debit balance or short stocks).
- IRA accounts may be opened in any base currency, but when trading in a non-base currency product, a currency trade must be executed first as you cannot borrow currencies.
- Withdrawals are permitted only in USD.*
- No stock or option cross-margining.
- No currency borrowing.
- Futures trading in an IRA margin account is subject to substantially higher margin requirements than in a non-IRA margin account. Margin rates in an IRA margin account may meet or exceed three times the overnight futures margin requirement imposed in a non-IRA margin account.
Customers are advised to consult with their adviser and tax specialist for further details on IRA rules and regulations.
Residents of Canada may not open Individual Retirement Accounts.