Your financial adviser uses many different tools to help you reach your financial goals and objectives. We manage portfolio risk through a real-time market-risk management platform that provides a comprehensive measure of risk exposure across multiple asset classes worldwide. Our risk assessment begins at the portfolio level, and drills down to access successively deeper levels of risk. It allows us to quickly identify exposure to risk, and make adjustments when necessary.
Valuation & Risk Analysis
We continually monitor for risk by position, risk by underlying, and risk by industry. We also create editable, hypothetical “What-If” scenarios portfolio based on your actual portfolio to see how your risk profile might change based on certain types of activities, such as adding, closing, reducing or increasing position(s). Your investment team will create complex custom scenarios by editing the price, date, and volatility variables that affect your risk profile.
They utilize advanced beta analysis to build client portfolios based on key concepts of the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM). It allows them to build, maintain and monitor positions in a separate area by building new portfolios. It also permits them to view asset allocation on a daily or even a minute-to-minute basis. For more information, contact us.
IRA margin accounts allow trading so the account can be fully invested as well as the ability to trade multiple currencies and multiple currency products, but are subject to the following limitations:
- No cash borrowing (i.e. cannot have a debit balance or short stocks).
- IRA accounts may be opened in any base currency, but when trading in a non-base currency product, a currency trade must be executed first as you cannot borrow currencies.
- Withdrawals are permitted only in USD.*
- No stock or option cross-margining.
- No currency borrowing.
- Futures trading in an IRA margin account is subject to substantially higher margin requirements than in a non-IRA margin account. Margin rates in an IRA margin account may meet or exceed three times the overnight futures margin requirement imposed in a non-IRA margin account.
Customers are advised to consult with their adviser and tax specialist for further details on IRA rules and regulations.
Residents of Canada may not open Individual Retirement Accounts.