Your investment manager’s goal is to help you meet your financial goals and objectives. When your account is managed by Global Advisers, your investment team has access to more products than any other investment company. In order to implement the strategy that your investment team has developed, they may apply stocks, bonds and fixed income, mutual funds, ETFs, options, and other types of investments products to your account(s). Some products may not be available depending on which account type and structure you have selected.
Options, spreads and combinations, futures and commodities, and exchange for physicals.
IRA margin accounts allow trading so the account can be fully invested as well as the ability to trade multiple currencies and multiple currency products, but are subject to the following limitations:
- No cash borrowing (i.e. cannot have a debit balance or short stocks).
- IRA accounts may be opened in any base currency, but when trading in a non-base currency product, a currency trade must be executed first as you cannot borrow currencies.
- Withdrawals are permitted only in USD.*
- No stock or option cross-margining.
- No currency borrowing.
- Futures trading in an IRA margin account is subject to substantially higher margin requirements than in a non-IRA margin account. Margin rates in an IRA margin account may meet or exceed three times the overnight futures margin requirement imposed in a non-IRA margin account.
Customers are advised to consult with their adviser and tax specialist for further details on IRA rules and regulations.
Residents of Canada may not open Individual Retirement Accounts.